27 December 2010

What am I thinking?

I've hidden behind a private journal for a number of years, but I'm feeling brave enough to document some of my adventures with the world. I'm not sure what I'll share here, perhaps something just for my friends and family.

A little about myself? I'm trudging through college slowly, becoming bored with each class that passes. I know I need to finish, and I'm trying to encourage positive thoughts about it, thinking I can trick myself into not being bored. Will it work? Doubtful.
I'm a self proclaimed yarn-whore. I have a 35 gallon Rubbermaid container full of yarn, that I enjoy opening and picture diving into. Crochet is my yarn-craft of choice. My grandmother tried to teach me when I was really young, but I was much more interested in sewing, and then randomly in 2006, after watching my mother crochet a towel hanger, I asked if she could show me how to do it, and since then, I've been hooked...no pun intended. I'm intending to learn to knit, because I'm also a sock-whore, but I'm a little intimidated with using two needles. Perhaps I should just finish my WIPs (works-in-progress) instead...
Speaking of sewing, I do that too, but unfortunately in our apartment, there is no [more] room for my sewing machine.  It sits all alone under my desk at my parents house with my expired calendars and printer paper.
Along with all of that, I'm learning to cook. I know how, I've just never bothered to apply my talent. I can make a damn good cake, I just can't guarantee it'll look pretty.

A little about my life? I'm a 7 month old Army Wife. I met my husband at college, we dated for four years, and he decided that he just had to take me with him. And here I am. I'm currently job-free, and it's getting old. And what do we do when we're bored? We create a blog.

I'm also hypothyroid, which means I can't eat cabbage, thank you, God. No, really. Hypothyroidism sucks, and I wouldn't recommend it. For a great article explaining about this stupid disease, please visit here: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/hypothyroidism-000093.htm

Now, to pretty this blog. Here's hoping I don't bore any one.

No comments:

Post a Comment