13 February 2011

Bread Nom nom nom.

I am a self proclaimed bread whore. I love it. I almost love it as much as my husband, but he's not flaky and tastes horrible with butter. MOVING ON, my friend PJ recently bought herself a bread machine, and has been torturing me with her bread makings. Blueberry Granola bread, Mustard Dill bread, Chocolate Coconut bread...wait, what?! Chocolate coconut bread?! The second she told me that one, I demanded the recipe. And then I realized that I left my bread machine at my parent's house, two states away. Damnit! I suffered a month, without being able to try that oh so tempting recipe.
Well. I have finally returned to Georgia, and snatched my bread machine, and put it in it's rightful place in the kitchen. After using the rest of the bread flour (sorry, Mom) half a bag of coconut (the more the merrier?), and two hours and fifty minutes later, I had a loaf of pure glory. My very own loaf of Chocolate Coconut bread. Tears of joy ran down my face. I took that first bite...magical. Love at first bite. Where has this bread been all my life?! I attempted to sneak it downstairs to my room to sleep with it, but I was foiled by my mother's dog, Pepper, constantly attacking me. Hmph.

After it not even being 24 hours old, half of my loaf is missing. But, this is okay. I don't need to eat the whole thing by myself. Moderation, Amber. Mod-er-ation.  So, because of the sweet and kind and generous person I am, I will share the recipe with you.

                                                                Chocolate Coconut Bread

3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/3 cup coconut, toasted*


Add ingredients in order listed or as otherwise directed by your machine, choose the 1.5 lb loaf size, and the basic white bread cycle.

*Note: PJ and I didn't toast our coconut. I'm not sure why she didn't, but I didn't, because I'm lazy.

4 comments:

  1. Have you actually tried putting butter on your husband? Because I'm guessing it wouldn't taste bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he tastes like butter, but bread and butter's way better than Brian and butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttering husbands? Is that legal in your state then?

    And I'm still thinking of Scott Pilgrim with you two and all your bread eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I actually think it's something the Army would frown upon. It happened accidently.

    I haven't seen the rest of that movie yet! I need to get off my ass.

    ReplyDelete