17 March 2011

Feelin' lucky, punk?

Well, it's the day where everyone wears green, to refrain from being pinched. I reminded Brian this morning to wear green, and he just laughed and kissed me bye. Well, it was 4am, and I wasn't completely coherent to remember that ACUs are green. Anywho, I present to you a St. Patrick's Day craft!

SHAMROCKS. That's right. That is a picture of 44 shamrocks that I personally crocheted for the teachers where my mother works. Yes, I'm crazy. No, I have nothing better to do. I had lots of green left over from my dinosaur hat, and I stumbled across the super cute shamrock pattern from Girl On the Rocks. It's free, and adjustable for any weight yarn. Though, I'd give it an advanced beginner to an intermediate rating. I made a bunch of these a couple of years ago, so I figured I'd give it a go, again. I blame it on having nothing better to do. I almost feel that I should have crocheted the teachers a mini beer mug to go along with it, too.



Speaking of luck, I got super lucky in a contest a week or two ago! Subversive Cross Stitch was holding a contest on her Facebook page for the release of a new book, Let's Panic About Babies! All I had to do was mention my favorite patterns, and I'd get in the drawing. Sure enough, the next day, it was announced that I WON. I was so thrilled and elated! Just a couple of days ago, I got the book in the mail, and I laughed until I cried. It's truely a funny book, and I later figured out that they had a blog with even more funnies on there. This is the first time I've won something in forever!

So, for your St. Patrick's Day, I wish you lots of luck in that you don't get arrested for being drunk in public tonight.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for winning!! Paul found a four leaf clover the last time I was hospitalized. I need to find where I saved it and take a picture of it.

    PS I totally forgot that today is St. Patrick's Day until I saw your post show up on Google Reader.

    PPS Are you following my blagh!? You better :P

    ReplyDelete