10 March 2011

I heart blueberries.

I am going to attempt one of those pretty photo guided recipe things. My only problem is, my photos aren't that pretty.

TODAY. We are making Deliciousness. Actually, I have no idea what it's called, but that's what I'm going to call it.

To make this, you need a few simple things:


 8oz of your favorite Brie cheese

 


 Your favorite fruit filling (could be preserves if you'd like)




Your favorite crescent rolls or puff pastry

You need to preheat your oven to 350°F. Being that I don't have all my fancy cookware with me, I lined a cookie sheet with tinfoil to bake it on. You can use whatever you want. Cause, I'm nice like that. 

After that, place your dough on your cookie sheet, and lay it out. If you're using crescent rolls, be sure to pinch all the "dotted lines" together; it helps in later steps. Then, cut your Brie wheel in half, and place one half on the dough. Now, here's my favorite part, take your fruit and spread it all over that cheese wheel. I use enough to cover it entirely, and then quite a bit more. Yours should look something like this:

*drool*
When you've completed that step, place the other half of the cheese wheel on top, to make a delicious Brie and fruit sammich.



Then, wrap the dough all around the cheese sammich. I'm not a perfectionist, but a "Goodenuffist", so I just kinda fold mine all around. Now, if you're a perfectionist, I'm sure yours will be prettier than mine. But, as my grandmother taught me, "it's not how it looks, it's how it tastes" which is one of my personal mottos.

Totally not pretty.
Now that it's all wrapped and ready to go, remember to remove the knife off your tray, and stick that sucker into the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes and wait impatiently.

15 more minutes?! NOOOOOO.
When checking to see if it's done, the dough should be a nice crispy looking color.

See? No knife.

You may need to let this cool for a minute, but otherwise go ahead and cut you a slice and enjoy.

om nom nom nom

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely incredible! The next time I go to the store, I'm getting what I don't have at home to make that. I neeeeed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is delicious, I promise you won't regret it. :D

    ReplyDelete