11 March 2011

I made a pretty.

My once abandoned shawl, that I originally started in January, I ripped completely out a week ago, and four days ago, I started and finished it.


Ta-dah! There it is, in all it's glory. It's the Heron Shawl, which was super simple, once you figured out what you were doing. I used my beloved Squoosh Fiberarts yarn, Sublime: Fingering, in Lagoon. It was an apology yarn, sent from the Squoosh dyer herself, when she realized she sent me the wrong yarn and I didn't even realize it. So, I saved it for something special. Mmm. Worth it.




For those of you who've made the Heron Shawl, you may see something wrong with the edging there. Oh yes, I ran out of yarn, so I had to improvise. I only made it to three out of six rows of edging, but I am so happy with how it turned out, I'm almost glad I ran out of yarn. This shawl is delicious in everyway imaginable. Soft to the touch, doesn't make you look like a grandmother, and makes my blue eyes bluer. ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty but, FOUR DAYS?

    Crochet= witchcrabt. I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete