19 April 2011

LIKE A BOSS.

Today, I  have been fully taking advantage of not having shared wifi with 100 other people. I've been using Netflix Instant. I have enjoyed today
-Bill Burr: Let It Go

-Jo Koy: Don't Make Him Angry
-Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious

Yes. All stand up. I loves it. While I was watching the above said stand up, I decided to get off my ass and try knitting again. This time with bigger needles and less annoying yarn. I whipped out my 10mm (US 15) and The Spun Monkey: Monkey Spun, which is 102 yards of handspun wooly yummyness. I tried doing a row of knit stitch, then a row of purling, but I really, really suck at purling. Even after the really nice lady at Bijou Basin showed me what I was doing wrong. So, after ripping everything apart approximetly 15 times, I gave up and just started doing the knit stitch. After ripping that out at least four times, I finally got something going. Behold! All four inches I have knit today:


Check that miracle out.


Oooh. Ahhh.

I don't even know what happened here with the bottom,
I gave up after the 20th try.

And there you have it. My first halfway successful attempt at knitting. It's not perfect, but I'm proud. Perhaps I'll actually finish this soon to be scarf?

2 comments:

  1. YES! That is awesome!! Maybe if you videotape yourself (did I really just say videotape?!) purling, I can see where you're having problems? Or we could video skype if you want. (Again, video?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you turned in to a jet and flew in to the SUN!

    ReplyDelete