26 June 2011

Not so calm cowl.

I was given a skein of the most beautiful blue I've ever seen in my life for my birthday this year. Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Lapis. I almost cried when I got this skein of yarn, it was so amazing. I didn't know what to do with it. A couple of months later, when I went and explored Eat. Sleep. Knit. I found the MadTosh Vintage in Chamomile, and knew they had to be united, but how?
Being that I'm currently job free, I went stash shopping the other night, and stuck my hand in my stash and decided to crochet with the first thing I pulled out. It was the Chamomile! And so, I dug around for the Lapis, grabbed it, and went pattern hunting. I found the Calm Cowl, by seeing what other people had made with the Vintage, and I knew it was meant to be. So I got to work. It was a quick crochet, only took about four days. Probably would have taken less, but my wrist isn't allowing me to work a lot at a time. I love the results!

1 comment: