03 July 2011

Cheeseburger in Paradise

I have been craving this on and off for about a year. I've been asking my mother for this recipe forever, but we're all so busy, we've forgotten about it. So, the other day, I went to one of my recipe sites and pieced together the Tater Tot casserole I vaguely remembered from my childhood. I attempted to make it slightly healthy, but you know how that goes.

Amber's Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Serves Four
Ingrediants:
1lb ground beef/turkey/venison (I used turkey for this time)
1 cup chopped onion
3 strips of bacon, cooked to your liking
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of your favorite cheese(s) (I used cheddar and American)
And about half a bag of frozen tater tots

Preheat your oven to 350°F
Chop up your onion and cook your bacon. Then, begin browning your meat. Throw your onions and bacon and there and mix well. While your meat is browning, line the bottom of your dish with tater tots and tell your cat to back the hell up, she gets none for attempting to eat paint chips earlier in the day.


After your meat has done browning, drain all the grease you possibly can, and smother that beautiful meaty mixture all over the tater tots.

I didn't pre-cook my bacon, I just chopped it up and threw it in with the turkey
After you smush it in there good, whip out your trusty can of Cream of Mushroom soup, and smother that on there real good, too.


Then, cover real well with cheese. I used about two cups.

Ooooh yeaaah
You have the option of topping it off with more tater tots, but I ran out of room, so I left it just as is.

Bake for 45 minutes.


And voila! There it is! Let it cool for about five minutes, or whenever you hear it stop bubbling.

Scoop it out and feel free to add whatever condiments you like. My husband and I find that ketchup works perfectly.

om nom nom nom

1 comment: