21 September 2011

It's about time!

So, yesterday P'cess realized (probably after seeing the boots) that she knew what my costume was, because we stalk each other on Pinterest. And then Andrea was confused, but she guessed right. And Rosey had the best wrong answer ever.

I'm going to be a Circus Ringmaster! *waits for the collective Ohhhs* Get it now? The patriotic picture was the pattern of the jacket I was going to be creating, the red fabric was the color of the jacket, and me in the hat, well, I was going to wear that hat. And yesterday's, the rings - three ring circus, Ronald McDonald - least scary clown I could find, and then the boots, well, I was going to be wearing them! HUZZAH.

I started cutting out my pieces yesterday, which I forgot with a cat is always a battle for me.

i can halp?
So, after pushing Winnie out of the way multiple times and moving Scout from attacking the pattern pieces, I finally managed to get them all cut out. Took an hour to cut four different pieces. Thanks, cats. BUT on a better note, I FINALLY got my sewing machine to work. It's a Singer Futura II, which means it's from the 1970s. My aunt gave it to me one Christmas, and I finally was able to find a manual and get it to work! AND IT DOES. Though, I need to adjust stitch length. MOVING ON. I'm planning to attempt to make my jacket today. Hopefully, I'll be able to report later this week wheather or not it's awesome.

Note to self: velvet sheds something awful.

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh! Duh! I still say you should go with Sexy Abe Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhh!!!! Great costume - can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete