22 September 2011

Serger curtains!

Okay, so I lied. I didn't work on my red velvet jacket yesterday. I didn't want to break my sewing machine right after I got it fixed, so I decided to make something simple: curtains! I finally made my kitchen curtains, and it only took an hour! YES.

You can click on it to make it bigger.
Okay, so they need ironing, but there they are! PERFECT. And how did I do it, you may be asking yourself?

Well first off, I bought a yard (42" x 36") of this fabric from Spoonflower.com. Then, I just cut it straight in half and hoped for the best.  After that, I took my handy dandy serger and serged all around the edges, because I'm lazy like that and I hate hemming.
Because I was using a tension rod, and wanted the little frilly bit at the top, I measured about two inches and folded it over.

And then I sewed right along the serged edge there.

After that, I stuck the tension rod back in there, and measured a pocket for it.


Marked a line from end to end, and sewed my pocket. And then I folded a half inch on the bottom to make a pretty end, which I forgot to take pictures of, and voila! Simple, cute, instant curtains.

I love them, the husband approves of them, and that's all that matters. :)

1 comment: