10 October 2011

Noms and Fails

I don't know if I mentioned it in a previous post, but I've been trying a few things I've found on Pinterest, namely, recipes.

Friday, for lunch, I created my husband's much asked for mini cheese sliders. Easiest tiny sammich I've ever made. Though, the fail on my part, is that I didn't take a picture. So, I am yoinking the picture from the website I got the recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

Why can't my pictures look this good?
These were really simple to make. I used 24 of the King's Hawaiian rolls that you find over in the bakery section of your grocery store, a package of store brand swiss cheese, and some regular 'ol sammich ham.
I lined a cookie sheet with tinfoil, cut these babies in half, stuck the ham and cheese on there and drizzled the stuff all over them. I elimimated the mayo like she suggested, because my husband hates EVERYTHING about mayo.  Popped 'em in the oven for 20 minutes and VOILA lunch.
Now, I'm trying to eat a wee bit "heathier" so I stuck some of my baby spinach leaves on there, after they were done cooking. I have to say, it tasted pretty good!

Though, before I made those, I was attempting beef stew in the crock pot. I followed this recipe, except I added 1 ¼ cup of flour instead of just ¼ cup, like the recipe said. And it was a fail. A fail of epic proportions. The beef stew was so thick and so dry, it was like I threw a cup of water on everything and that was it. The beef was so shredded, you couldn't even taste it. Though, edible, I wouldn't make that recipe like that again. Whoops. I normally make it in a pressure cooker, so next time, I'm just going to stick to what I know.

So, I've got a hit and a miss. I'm not to terribly upset about it. I'm more upset that I wasted food instead of messing up the recipe.  Because, there's always next time. And because of my lack of my food pictures on here, I give you Winnie, who's in denial about this  basket.

"See? I do fit."

1 comment:

  1. The sliders sounds tasty! Even your 'healthy' option :D

    Winnie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete