03 October 2011

RIIIIBS.

I love ribs. I cannot explain to you how much I love ribs. I am a rib connoisseur. Okay, not really, but I pretend to be one. ANYWHO. I love ribs. And so I made some.


That was a full rack of ribs. I tried pulling them out of the Crock Pot in one piece,  but they were so tender, that just wasn't happening. So, I had to deal with them being in pieces. I do have to say, these were the easiest ribs I've ever made. I actually combined instructions from two recipes, so I'm just going to call it the way I did it. (I can't find the link to the other one, sorry!)

Mmm....Ribs!
(serves 2-4 depending on how hungry people are)

You'll need:
Rack of pork ribs
16oz of beef broth
16 oz of your favorite BBQ sauce
Large Crock Pot
Cookie sheet
Tin foil
Some sort of rack
Basting brush
Broiler

STEP ONE
Make sure your ribs are fully thawed. This is super important. If they are not thawed, wait until they are.
STEP TWO
Plop your ribs into the Crock Pot, thick side resting on the wall. Pour your beef broth, then BBQ sauce all over the ribs. You might want to save a little BBQ sauce for later. Set on low, leave it alone for seven hours.
STEP THREE
Seven hours later, come back to inspect your ribs. They should be done. If you feel they are not done, cook a bit more. If they are done, line a cookie sheet (one with edges) with tin foil, and then place some sort of rack across it. I didn't have a fancy meat rack, so I used a cooling rack. I don't recommend it, though.
STEP FOUR
Carefully, very very carefully, pull your ribs out of the Crock Pot. They will be hot, and they will be very tender, and will fall apart. I couldn't get mine out whole. Lay them on your cookie sheet-tin foil-rack get up, with the "inside" (aka less meat side) facing up. Put it to the side.
STEP FIVE
See all that stuff still swimming around in your Crock Pot? Yeah, you're still gonna use it. Get a small sauce pan and a mesh strainer, and strain that yummy stuff into the sauce pan.  Bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes, depending on your patience.
STEP SIX
Now that your sauce is done simmering, brush that goodness all over your ribs. My ribs were a little dry, so I just let it pool on the ribs. Turn on your broiler (mine was at 525ºF) and place your ribs in there for 3-4 minutes. Pull them out, flip 'em over, and then put MORE of the sauce on there. This time, broil them for 9 minutes.
STEP SEVEN
Pull them out, brush more of the original BBQ sauce on there, and serve.

NOM NOM NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment