14 October 2011

Sock Bun Curls!

My hair is as straight as a board. It doesn't do anything fancy. It just hangs there. Growing up, my best friend and her sister had the prettiest curly hair. I'd always get so jealous. So, I'd try to curl it to be like them. Hot rollers? Last about 3 hours. Curling iron? The same. The only thing that actually keeps my hair curly is washing it, putting gel in it, putting it in curlers and let it dry for the next 12 hours or so. I don't know about y'all, but sleeping in curlers is not a pleasant thing. I needed something new.  Once again, browsing through Pinterest, I came across a picture of a girl with lovely curly hair and the caption read "Sock Bun Curls" wtf is a sock bun? So I clicked the link, and came across this video:


What? Just one massive thing on my head instead of a bazillion? Yeah, okay. I'll try it.
So, I washed my hair and stuck it up in the bun, and went to bed. Now I know why she said it should be just damp.

don't mind my pjs.
TA-DAH. Holy crap, that's amazing. They're the nice big wavy curls too! My only problem was? I didn't listen and I went to bed with my hair soaking wet. Whoops. So, an hour later, you get this:

yes, I'm still in my pjs, bite me!

Less curly, more wavy. And I'm pretty sure, by 3pm this afternoon, the curls will be gone. But, now I know that my hair should be damp and not soaking wet. :) I shall try again!

3 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooh...I HAVE to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've just changed my life.

    Also, I'd really like to follow you on Pinterest. Here's my profile page: http://pinterest.com/iamandreakp/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomesauce! If I want my hair to have more than the usual wavy-curls, I "plop" right after a shower and sleep with the blob in my hair.

    ReplyDelete