15 November 2011

Beef Stew Bowls

I think I may have found a new love of mine. Beef Stew in a Bread Bowl. That's right, it's so important, it needs capitalized letters.

First off, I made bread bowls, following this recipe, kind of. I didn't use all purpose flour, but instead used bread flour, also used olive oil and added 1 tsp of sugar. Nom. They ended up looking like this:

Mmmm. Yeah.

Then, I started cookin' my pressure cooker beef stew. So easy.

NEEDS:
1lb of stew beef
about 5 small potatoes, cut up (peeled or not peeled. Your choice)
a small bag of baby carrots, or about 5 regular carrots, peeled and chopped
half a bag of green beans (being vague, sorry.)
1 packet of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
1 cup of water.

Layer it in the order of written, put on lid, close. Turn heat onto medium, walk away until done.

While that was cooking, I finished up the bread and let it cooled, then carved a bowl out of 'em.


Something like that. And all I had to do was just wait on the pressure cooker to do it's thing. Once it was done, I was able to stuff it full of beef stew.

Like this.

Awww yeah, boooooooyyyy! The bowls were fairly small, but seriously filling and oh so good.

2 comments:

  1. Do you refer to a pressure cooker in the way that I refer to a Crockpot, or do you mean a pressure cooker that you lock the lid on and pressurize the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latter. You lock the lid on and pressurizes it. Quickly cooks food! Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete