14 November 2011

I DID IT.

Ever since I joined Ravelry, I decided I was going to learn to knit. Mainly for the purpose of knitting socks. And probably sweaters. Now that I have the know how to knit, yesterday, I embarked on the journey that is socks. Only took me three years. Though, these socks are slightly cheating; they're "baby" socks. Now, being that I've never had a baby and don't play with them that often, I'm going to assume these are going to fit my newest cousin, Emily.


I used the Mini-Sock pattern from Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer, and it was a great beginner sock! They both took me about 5 hours to make (because I kept having to rip out, figure out, and plus I just knit slow) but I love them! I used Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in Short Sport in the color way Summer Rose. I hope they fit Emily, if not Mom and Grandma get Christmas tree ornaments instead. ;)

I now feel as if I could conquer regular-people socks.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Baby socks are a great way to learn how to make socks. The construction is the same for big people sock, there are just more stitches. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Ravelry really puts the pressure on to learn how to knit - so many lovely patterns! I'm just working on a garter shawl at the moment because I don't like purl :D

    ReplyDelete