11 December 2011

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup

About a month or so ago, El Paso had a Junior League Christmas fair. I needed to go. It's in my DNA to go to every craft/art fair I can find. You can find the best stuff at these things. Except for this one, I was disappointed that it was more commercialized products  than people selling what they made. Though, I did come out with some yummy things. You can never go wrong with food.

Tonight, I tried Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup, that my friend Nancy convinced me to get. It's one of those packets of seasonings and what not that you toss in with water and chicken.  The real directions are here, and do not include a Crock Pot. I was being lazy, and decided to put mine into a Crock Pot.



You'll need
1 package of the soup mix
1 lb of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
6 cups of water
1/2 cup milk
1 can of Rotel
1 bag of frozen corn
2 cups of rice

Throw the chicken in the Crock Pot, frozen, dump the package of soup mix in there, add the water and milk. Stir until the soup mix is no longer "chunky" looking. Then, add the Rotel, rice, and frozen corn. Set to cook on high for an hour, then put on low for 6 hours. Thirty minutes before it's done, pull the chicken out and shred it. Place it back in there and let it resume cooking. Garnish with Mexican style shredded and sour cream if you desire.

It actually turned out really delicious! It was very salty, though. I put a bit more sour cream in mine to help balance out the salt. My husband, who will dump half a salt shaker of salt on green beans, said it was a bit too salty for him, but he doesn't like sour cream. Though, I've been craving everything salty this past week, so it didn't bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment