18 December 2011

I like breakfast for dinner.

No, really. I do. When I wake up in the morning, I seriously don't feel like eating until noon, or so, and that normally involves lunch. So, I like having breakfast for dinner. And this time, I wanted French Toast. I think I've had it only a couple of times in my life. Mom was more of a pancake/waffle expert. Being that I've been watching a lot of TV lately, I kept seeing Denny's commercials for French toast. I thought, "I can make that!" So, I did. And it was delicious.




Aw, yeah. Tasted even more awesome with syrup drizzled all over it.

Fluffy French Toast
12 slices of Texas Toast type of bread (thick slices)
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of milk
1 pinch of salt
3 eggs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp white sugar

Pour the flour into a large bowl that you can easily dip a piece of your bread into. Slowly, whisk in the milk. Then, whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until nice and smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat (I used a buttered iron skillet)
Soak the bread in the mixture. Transfer to pan and cook on both sides until nice and brown. Between ever piece of bread, whisk the mixture to keep the ingredients from settling to the bottom. Serve hot, drizzle with syrup if desired.

Oh, these were so good, especially with bacon on the side. I actually cut the recipe in half and only did six pieces, but there wasn't enough mixture.


2 comments:

  1. I have never added flour or salt to my french toast, I do add nutmeg though! I also highly recommend sprinkling powdered sugar on top for even more deliciousness.
    I love breakfast though, anytime of the day too. Breakfast food is by far my favorite type of food, ever, in the whole world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of breakfast for dinner and we do it at least once a month! My hubs is the waffle/french toast expert, but I make a mean buttermilk pancake or yummy ham/cheese quiche thing. Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete