09 December 2011

Just buy the Cool Whip.

On Monday, I was supposed to go to a  coffee, but it snowed, and being that it took my husband two hours to get home, I decided not to go. And with that, I didn't get to make my Triple Chocolate Peppermint trifle. Damn. So, being that I was being "forced" to come to book club, I decided to make it for that.

Someone remind me just to buy the damn whipped topping next time. It took me 20+ minutes to whip the cream into shape, and it really aggravated my tendonitis. Worth it, though.



Triple Chocolate Peppermint Trifle, as from Lizzy Writes

The main differences between mine and hers is the times. I did everything in about two hours, where I believe her's takes possibly 12 all together. Along with that:
-I cheated and used just regular chocolate pudding, and when it was time to stack the trifle together, I realized I should have made two boxes, instead of one.
-I also didn't chop my peppermints "coarsely" I threw them in my Magic Bullet and chopped them a bit too fine. But, it actually turned out better, in my opinion. I definitely did not use half a cup of them, as it would have been too much, but probably used about 1/8th a cup.
-Also, the topping was actually just Cool Whip, because I didn't read ahead and follow directions, realizing that I would need more.
-And then for the hell of it, I garnished it with Hershey's Peppermint Kisses. Nom.

I recommend making it. It wasn't easy, though, if you don't make everything from scratch, it will up the difficulty level to Super Easy. It was super tasty, though. I'm planning on having leftovers for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. It was FAN-freaking-TASTIC! I'm glad that I "forced" you to come so that you could share that little bit of heaven with us all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I'm a sucker for real whipped cream, but I use a hand mixer, I don't actually beat it myself. So there's that.

    This looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete