18 January 2012

Book love.

As I was cross stitching on the couch yesterday, I saw the UPS man pull up. He was on the other side of the street, so I assumed it was for the neighbor. And so did he, until he quickly pivoted and headed towards my house. I flinched. My hair was a mess, I had on leopard print pj pants and a flannel shirt that clashed so beautifully. So, I hid until he drove away. I swiftly stuck one hand outside the door and snatched the package in. Turns out, it was for me. Me? What did I order that I forgot about? Nothing! It was a complete surprise from my Aunt Sandra. A book. Of course it's a book, being that it's from Aunt Sandra. Duh. But WHAT was the book?

How appropriate! I squealed with glee upon figuring out what it was. I greedily read through the pages, in awe of the artwork, loving every second of this 40 page book. This book was perfect. It's almost like it was written just for me! I finished it and sighed. Aunt Sandra chose wisely. Perfect.

In this book, a girl named Annabelle, lives in a monochrome town. One day, she finds a box full of multicolored yarn. So, she knits herself a sweater. And has some extra yarn.  So, she keeps on knitting. And knitting. And knitting. And knitting. And then it goes on from there, but I won't spoil it for you. I loved it and what message it sent. I recommend it for anyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Would you call it a kids' book or a book about kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book but it sounds interesting. I'll have to see if my library has it!

    ReplyDelete