27 January 2012

Oy, my back.

Remember the pod that was delivered on Wednesday? It's gone. The Pod people came and took it today. My husband was damn determined to unload it all Wednesday night. And we did. I don't know why, being that we could have had the pod until the 6th. But it's gone and unloaded, and I suppose that's all that matters. The furniture was my grandmothers, and I think it's either 50s or 60s era. Could be wrong. Don't care. I like it. But, that means it's real wood. Real heavy wood. Which means I can't lift it, and Brian couldn't do it by himself. So, we thought about it, and between the two of us, we came up with the idea of roller skates and towels. Yes. We moved all our furniture with a pair of roller skates and two towels.

Pics or it didn't happen!
So, the only thing that's left in our garage is about 20 boxes and a mattress. Not too bad. Still don't know where I'm going to keep the mattress, but don't tell Brian. With that being said, for the past two days, I've been cleaning and polishing furniture. I reek of Murphy's Soap Oil. It's not a bad smell, to be honest. Smells nice and clean. The furniture thanks me. I have one piece left to clean and then two left to polish, but that's because they need to go upstairs, and the polish makes them really slick. Can't have that. So, because I want to show off, here's what I've got done so far.

China cabinet! Complete with crooked platters.

Curio cabinet, complete with self portrait. 


Soon, I'll post about the bedroom suite being done and in place, and possibly a finished craft room. One day...

1 comment: