17 January 2012

Pinterest strikes again.

For months now, I've been staring at the pin entitled "Sopapilla Cheesecake." A warm gooey slice being lifted out of the pan. Oh. My. *swoons* So, I finally got around to remembering to buy crescent rolls and a block of cream cheese at the same time. And then I made it. May I present to you, Sopapilla Cheesecake

Being lazy. Didn't squish the dough together.

Oooh yeah. Just look at that bad boy, fresh out the oven, still sizzling, just waiting for you to dive in.

The original recipe is here, but I cut mine in half, being that there's just the two of us.

NEEDS:
2 cans of butter crecent rolls
1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1/8 cup butter, melted
cinnamon and sugar

Preheat oven to 350F

The original recipe said not to put any non-stick spray on there, but lol, yeah right. I did it anyways. I used 3/4s of a can of crescent rolls on the bottom of this 9x9 baker.

Mixed the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together, and spread it on the crescent rolls. Put the other can of crescent rolls on top. Dumped the melted butter all over the top, and let loose with my Penzey's sugar and cinnamon mix. I was quite liberal with it. I baked mine for 20 minutes, and then decided to do 5 more. Nice and crisp, with a gooey center!






Oh baby, yeah. My husband said it reminded him of a cinnamon roll, but I can only slightly see the resemblance. I don't care. It's still so good. Damn you, Pinterest!

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I have most of the fixings already to make that! I think I might have to try it and bring it to Stitchers on Friday???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing. I had been wanting to try that, too. Good to know it actually does taste as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad you reviewed this! I have it pinned to make for a sleepover breakfast this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1/2 C of sugar? Wow! It looks and sounds amazing but holy cow that's a lot of the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete