26 March 2012

Husband's Newest Hobby.

For the past month or so, I've been watching the cats flee about the house in terror, all by being chased by an RC Car. I dare not say "Toy Car" because it's not. Even though my husband giggles like a little kid the whole time while playing with it, chasing cars down the road, impressing the neighborhood kids, me rolling my eyes. The usual. Why is it not a toy car? Well, mainly because you can't just go pick it up at the local Wally World and it costs about $250. Yeah. I just said that. This is his new Pride and Joy:


Okay, I'm being lazy and don't want to go take a picture of it. This is from the website, and it's the Nissan GT-R. (Only way he'll get one.) If you click on the link, you can learn ALL about it. Because, I'm sure, most of you want to know. ;)

Now, first and foremost, Brian is a car guy. He loves working on cars, tearing them apart building them up, spending a whole Christmas installing an engine (*grumble*), customizing, etc. etc. And right now, we don't really have the place, the extra dough, or the need for a "spare car." So, this is his current outlet. You can customize this car through various means, tires, shocks, batteries, etc. It's actually pretty cool. The little bastard can reach about 35-40 mph, I think. He was giggling so hard, I couldn't tell what he was saying.

Anywho, along with any expensive hobby, there comes a need to show it off. Here in El Paso, there's a local hobby shop, Hal's Hobby Warehouse, that has two tracks for these cars. A dirt one, and a "street" one. The dirt one's way more fun to watch. So, this past Saturday, we went and watched a race.

(Did you know you can click on these to make them bigger?)

AND THEY'RE OFF. Crashing into each other, of course. The people on the track are not driving the cars, but they pick them up when the cars flip over and get stuck.


It's seriously amusing to watch these little cars going around this track. What's even more funny are the super serious people racing them. They'll freak out if you don't flip their car over fast enough.

This is my favorite jump. I love watching them fly over and crash at the bottom. It's like a tiny demolition derby to me. I mean, how can you go wrong with free entertainment? Plus, it makes the husband happy, and he normally takes me where I want to go afterwards. So, it's a win-win!

If I can only remember to bring sunscreen...

4 comments:

  1. They're like little ponies racing! You should start a racketeering ring and start rigging races! Just like at the horse track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, we used to go watch the RC races with my dad. None of us had cars or anything but we enjoyed watching. We'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on your side of town, too! It's some where off of George Dieter. I remember you turn right by the Burger King and then left on some road with a round about in the middle. Real helpful, right? ;)

      Delete