05 March 2012

You knit me right round, baby, right round, like a sweater baby...

Oh, what a terribly punny headline there. I just crack myself up. Anywho, for the past two and a half weeks, I've been monogamous with my knitting WIPs. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm knitting a sweater. Not just any sweater, but the O w l s sweater.

Picture from the pattern designer's website, as linked above.
How adorable is that?! I've been drooling over this sweater since 2009, when I realized that I could browse knitting patterns on Ravelry. Possibly before that. I'll never know. And since I took on learning to knit last year, I decided that it's time for me to knit a sweater. It's going so wonderfully well right now. Lookit!


Okay, so that's not the world's best picture, the color's actually a little darker, but I don't care. That is 11½ glorious inches of sweater, that I knitted. *beams*  It's going along so nicely. I'm using Dream in Color's Groovy in the colorway of Torchwood. It is a deliciously chunky yarn, and glides so smoothly over my hand. Most importantly? It doesn't make me itchy. I have about 4-8 more inches to knit, depending on how long I want it, before I make any drastic changes, other than just knitting in the round. I'm so excited y'all. Hopefully, I'll have a finished product here in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sweater is amazing, I can't wait to see the finished piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Can't wait to watch it as it progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Can't wait to see the finished product - hopefully before it gets too hot here :)

    ReplyDelete