25 April 2012

Day Three: WILD CARD

Today's real 3KCBWDAY3 topic is "Your knitting or crocheting hero." I don't have one. I swoon equally over everybody's projects. I'm an equal opportunity swooner. Soooo, I chose WILD CARD DAY.

Craft Your Perfect Day
Plan your fantasy day with your craft, It might just take up one hour of your day or be the entire focus of the day, but tell your readers where you'd love to craft, whether you'd craft alone or with friends, knitting or crocheting something simple or spending a day learning new skills.


My perfect craft day would be be knitting 12 lace weight sweaters in an hour. HA HA. No, really. Back to kind of reality, my perfect day is one where I could knit or crochet all day without my wrist hurting. Snuggled up on the couch with a good movie going in the background, some hot apple cider, cat's aren't attacking the yarn, and everything's going smoothly and quickly. *sigh* As you can see, I prefer to knit and crochet when it's cold. More on that tomorrow. Another version of my perfect day is learning new skillz and picking them up pretty quickly. Like, lace shawls. Yes. Oh lace shawls, I will conquer you one day. 

It's kinda funny that it asks if you want to craft alone or with friends. I prefer to craft by myself when the pattern's more complicated, but if I'm just sitting there, doing something repetitive, friends are very welcome to be involved. I just hate missing out on chatter and the like when I'm concentrating, and it upsets me when I'm concentrating and I can't think due to all the talking. CRAFTING PARADOX. Anywho. As my dreams are crushed by reality (cat jumping into my lap and in my face. I'M TYPING MOVE.), I sigh and am thankful for what I can do.

She looks so innocent.

3 comments:

  1. I think she likes me. I even got some snuggles and headbutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree re the crafting paradox! I'm teaching a few of my friends to crochet, so whenever we have a teaching session there is absolutely no chit chat because everyone is busy concentrating :(

    ReplyDelete