09 April 2012

Flattered!

I've been awarded two blog awards recently. I've just been really shy about putting them up, because I never know what to say when I receive them! Thank you, of course, but other than that, I don't know! But now that I have two, I will be grateful and thank the individuals!
The first award I received is the Liebster Award from Traci over at Tiny Might's Tales . She has wonderful papercrafts and recipes that she blogs about, and be sure and check out her son's 5th birthday party. You can never go wrong with a pirate theme!

Here is some information about the award:
The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are unclear but "the word translates from German as "darling" or "beloved". It's given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to generate some traffic for them.

Here are the guidelines for the Liebster Blog Award:

  •  Acknowledge the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  • Give this award to 5 other bloggers, who must have less than 200 followers, and let them know through a comment on their blog.
  • Post the award on your blog
  • Best of all- bask in the glory, have fun, and share the love!
Five other bloggers that have less than 200 followers? This is actually tougher than I thought. Everyone that I follow has a lot of followers!
How about:
The Way I See It
Erika Made It
Heart Shaped Leaves
Lipstick, Motorcycles, Stilettos, and Life
My Grandmotherly Ways

My second award is the Versatile Blogger award! This is from Omlair over at My Grandmotherly Ways. I love that she calls herself grandmotherly and isn't even close to being one! She's a fabulous crocheter and has a beautiful kitty. 


This award also comes with the following rules:

  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it
  • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award 
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself

Seven things about myself? Well, alright.

1. As a kid, it was rare that you didn't see me without a book in my hand. I was normally in the top three readers for my school. These days, it takes me forever to read a book, mainly because my other hobbies and chores are in my way. This makes me sad.

2. Adding on to the one above, it is believed that I can read 1000 words per minute.
3. I am a mostly self taught crocheter and completely with knitting. My grandmother tried to teach me crochet when I was young, but I was more interested in other things. Then, about 2006 my mother showed me again how to crochet a towel, and it just exploded from there. Then, early 2011, I got tired of seeing my friend's beautiful knitted items, and I got jealous and decided to teach myself to knit. I'm still not doing it properly, but hell, I have a 60% finished knitted sweater. I'm pretty pleased with myself.
4. I love cooking. It's so much fun. Matter of fact, I love it so much, I'm thinking of getting a culinary degree. 
5. I can't sing to save my life. That doesn't stop me from doing it. 
6. I never had one set thing that I wanted to be when I grew up. It ranged from teacher, fighter jet pilot, nurse, ballerina, firefighter, graphic designer, sniper, etc. I'm pretty sure at one point or another, I wanted to be everything. I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up." 

7. I love to learn, but I hate school. It's a terrible conundrum.

And the fifteen people that you should check out:



Er, I realize that's only 13, but I left some friends off, because they blog about more personal stuff, and I wasn't sure if they'd like attention suddenly. But, that's okay. Hopefully, they'll forgive me. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Our 7 random things are eerily similar, though I'm certainly not a speed reader anymore. I always loved playing computer Jeopardy with my cousins because I could read and answer the questions before they were halfway through reading it.

    And I'll try to get around to passing this on, I swear, but I'm notoriously horrible at it, so if I don't, it not you, it's me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That's how I was able to survive school. I could read really fast and then take my time to think about the question.

      EPCC looks like they have a decent certification for Culinary arts. I'm thinking about doing it.

      Oh no worries if you don't. It seriously won't hurt my feelings. It took me a month to remember to post these!

      Delete
  2. o wat. I come back to another award, you sniperly award sniper. I'll work on it. o_o 15 people is beyond me, I think.

    ReplyDelete