23 April 2012

It's finally here...


YAY! All week I will be blogging about topics and how I feel about them. Are y'all sure you can handle that? Too bad. Cause it's going to happen.

TODAY'S TOPIC IS: Color. (or as the original post says "colour")

I love color, much to my husband's despair. I mean, I have every Fiesta dish color that's available right now.  (Best idea for a wedding present, ever.) I love the use of different shades, to create different themes, feelings, ideas. Color and I have always been friends. With that, I have lots of colorful yarn. But, I find, that when I knit and crochet things, I'm happiest with "neutral" colors. Black, grey, white, brown. But I rarely buy those colors. Why? I'm still not sure yet. I think it's because I have such a colorful wardrobe, I find that I don't get much use out of my colored items, unless it's socks or a hat. Which makes me sad.

I just came back from Stitches South, and I'm eyeballing the yarn I bought. Charcoal grey, Dove grey, and a beautiful dark green. LET ME SHOW YOU:










(I'm very proud of my purchases. I think this is the first time I've bought stuff with projects in mind. Last three Stitches I just bought willy-nilly.)

But, the funny thing about me and my color? I can't stand variegated yarn. I love looking at it in the skein, but once it knits up, it makes me want to bash my head against things. Now, don't get me wrong, semi-solids are fantastic, self-striping is a dream, and ombres are drool worthy. But random patterns and colors? Makes my head want to explode. Yet, I'm still attracted to the variegated skein. But, I've learned to resist.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so opposite. I have to work to put color in my life. I tried to be a goth in high school but I was too lazy to put much work into it, so I just wore lots of black.

    I loooove that dove gray you bought! And hey, I wondered if you could possibly give me pointers on using those double ended needles? I'll be at Stitchers on Friday! (I think I have some double ended needles, just need to find them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In high school I wore white, blue and black t-shirts with jeans and chucks. That's it. I didn't try to fit in. I just didn't care. lol though the thought of you trying to be Goth and then giving up makes me chuckle.

    I went and plugged in my yarn in Ravelry, and it turns out it's a light blue? It looks grey to me. But it's FABULOUS, darling.

    And as I said earlier today, I will be more than happy to help you out with the DPNs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, variegated just doesnt look nice when knitted/crocheted up. Semi solids are much more tolerable.

    Noice purchases *drool*

    ReplyDelete