11 June 2012

Watermelon Crossover Pinafore

Well, howdy. I know it's been a while but between the move and this belly dance extravaganza weekend, I haven't had time to think, let alone blog.

A while back, I was perusing Pinterest, and I came across a cute little Crossover Pinafore tutorial from Smashed Peas and Carrots. Adorable, right? Well, it was floating around in the back of my mind for a while, and last week, I found myself at JoAnn's, nosing through the fabrics, looking for something that just jumped out at me. And something did. Watermelon seersucker fabric. Did you catch that? Watermelon. Seersucker. Fabric. I instantly bought a yard and some matching lime green, too. Then, that pattern popped in mind, and I grabbed two buttons and sauntered out the door, pleased with my findings.
Yesterday, I found the want-to and I started sewing. And this is the wonderful result.

Awesome background, right?
How adorable is that?! I'm a little upset with myself, I didn't notice it until later, but the right side strap is a little pointy. Hmph. This dress was super easy to make. Though, I cheated and didn't make button holes. I just sewed the button, strap, and dress all together, so it's permanently shut. There should be a matching lime green diaper cover to go with it, but it and I are not friends right now. But, hopefully, that should happen before I ship this out.

I'm so very pleased with myself right now.

1 comment: