30 July 2012

Progress!

I'm updating! Mainly, because I have something to update about. Remember the quilt squares that I bought? Well, I've pulled them out and started sewing them together. Not too hard. Wonder how the process went? Well, at first I organized them by color, and went that way. Then, that got too hard. So I did the next best thing.


I threw them in a pile and mixed them up. Yes. Just like the picture shows. And I'd just randomly stick my hand in and pull one out. Out of that chaos, came this.

I'm pleased with how it turned out. As of right now, I have two strips sewn. I would have had a whole lot more done yesterday, but my sewing machine decided to go wonky on me. I had to walk away. It's going to be a lot smaller than it looks now, and I'm okay with that. I'm debating whether or not I should buy another layer cake.

Hopefully, things will progress fast!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! These are some of my favorite colors together. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how the random turned out looking very well thought out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Right? The only thing that were thought out were the six entirely white squares.

      Delete
  3. I like how it looks thus far! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun fun! Did the squares come precut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random often works best and you find little bits of pattern in it if you sit and stare too much. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I am giving you a blog award! http://heartshapedleaves.blogspot.com/2012/08/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete