30 August 2012

Slacker.

Once again, I have slacked off on my blogging. But, that's okay. Mainly, because I've been busy. Busy with what, might you ask? Well, after two and a half years of being unemployed, I GOT A JOB! How exciting is that?! I'm back in a library again, and it feels nice.

Moving along, I have given out a few gifts and I can show off some of the stuff I've made!



Those two quilt squares are something I'm very proud of. Why? Because they're my first two EVER. Our stitchers group decided that we were going to make a baby blanket for our fellow stitcher, Kristy, just because she's so awesome and does a lot and everything for everyone. So, with the help of Charla (okay, a lot of help) I was able to accomplish my first two quilt squares! I'm pretty proud of them. The blanket has been put together and it looks amazing. If I can get a picture of it, I'll post it.

Another thing I've made, which isn't a gift, I just keep forgetting to post it, is a potholder I made! I know a pot holder is like a dishcloth in the knitting/crochet world, but damnit. I've never made one before in my life. So, I'm pleased to present the very New Mexican potholder! (New Mexico is known for it's chilies.)





I actually really liked the pattern. It was very simple and easy to make, once I figured out what the instructions were saying. This was a group project for our Stitchers group.

And lastly, this was a gift for the Color Swap group I'm a part of on Ravelry. It's so much fun. Your partner gives you a color (or a theme) to work with, and you have to work around that to create a package out of it. For example, my partner chose this for her theme:




I was thrilled to see that. An ice cream cone covered in sprinkles?! How FUN. So, I got to work. The hardest part of the package is always the handmade. You MUST include a handmade. And then extra goodies. So I thought for a while, and came up with this package. 



My handmades, as you can see, were another criss-cross pinafore and a drawstring project bag, complete with inside pocket.  Both were relatively simple to make, though, now that I look back on it, I'm not very fond of the fabric I used for the pinafore. For the bag it was perfect, for the dress? Not so much.

I've got another couple of different dresses in the works, a lady bug costume, some baby gifts, and most importantly a deployment gift for my husband. *sigh* I also had a table runner in the works, but I'm mad at it at the moment. My quilt is still coming along fine, but my bobbin isn't working properly, so I'm trying to figure out why my sewing machine hates me.

Hopefully, it won't be another month before I update again.




2 comments:

  1. I love all the projects! The sprinkle pinafore is just darling and goes perfectly with the theme! As for my AWESOME baby blankets, I'm dying to get it back from Kathie so that I can check out everyone's squares! Thanks again! I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful friends! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the little ice cream charms are so cute! Also, good luck with your sewing machine. Just use the old Singer treadle ones. They never die.

    ReplyDelete