09 October 2012

Beer and Babies

Well, that title doesn't go well together, now does it?

I know it's been almost a month (tomorrow) since I last updated. Oops. As I've said in the past, I've been working on things that can't be revealed yet! BUT, on October 18th is the baby shower to end all baby showers (okay, maybe not) but I will be able to show off the THREE* gifts I've been working on. And then comes Christmas and more hiding. Anywho. Remembered those two quilt squares I made? Well, here's the blanket that they went with:

Isn't that amazing looking?! It was created by a group of very talented ladies, and I'm very pleased that I could help, even though my squares were a bit too small. (Top left and bottom row, second from left) I also finished the gift I was working on for Baby Adelaide on Thursday, and then I said "Okay, now she can be born." Lo and behold, beautiful Baby Adelaide was born on Friday! Congrats, Kristy! I can't wait to meet her. :)

Now, for the beer. I have been in search of the perfect pumpkin beer. By perfect, I mean, it actually tastes like pumpkin. I've tried three. The first thing you should know about me is, I don't like beer. I like liquor. Booze. Screw beer, it tastes like moldy bread. MOVING ALONG, since Pumpkin liquor doesn't sound too tasty, I figured I'd try some beer.

Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale:
NOPE. Tasted like Fall, yes, pumpkin? No.

Post Road Pumpkin Ale:


NOPE. Tasted like a darker lager. I'm not fond of dark lagers at all.

and finally, I went to Spec's in hope of something. One of the workers suggested this one and said, "It tastes like biting into a slice of pumpkin pie." SOLD.

Wasatch Pumpkin Seasonal Ale:


CLOSE. This one ACTUALLY tasted like pumpkin. Then beer. Then more pumpkin. It was kind of weird. But, by far, THIS is the closest beer that tasted sort of like pumpkin. I'll probably use it to make bread.

But, as I've said before, I'm no beer expert.


(Disclaimer: None of these pictures belong to me. NONE.)
*Actually, someone else is making it. I just supplied the idea, some money, and encouragement. 

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! But now I know who to blame for having on Oct baby instead of a late Sept one!!

    P.S. Come on over whenever. We are now accepting visitors. :)

    ReplyDelete