11 March 2013

Grill'd

I have a confession to make. If you put food on a grill and grill it, 99.9% of the time, I'll eat it. I don't know what it is about a grill, but food just tastes 29834793x better on a grill. It's...magical.

My husband and I picked out our new grill last summer. It's a Char-Broil TRU Infrared grill. It's seriously amazing. It's really easy to use, and all the foods we've cooked come out juicy and amazing. It's also really quick to finish grilling. Where, on my Dad's grill at home, it takes 20 minutes to cook burgers, it took me about 14, and they're not too done, but still juicy.

So, tonight, I gave myself the challenge of cooking all of my supper on the grill. I think I succeeded awesomely.


Okay, so it's a terrible cell phone shot, but I didn't want to loose too much heat. You've got marinated zucchini, tenderloin steaks, and a giant sweet potato cut in fourths. Seriously. That was a massive potato.
The sweet potato took the longest. I let it "absorb" some olive oil, and then I grilled it for 10 minutes on each side. If you like your potatoes butter soft, you'd probably want to do a little bit longer.
The steaks were 14 minutes, 7 on each side. I put a little bit of Dale's on them, and some Penzey's Chicago Steak rub.
Then, the zucchini had been marinating in olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, basil and oregano for about 30 minutes. I cooked them for 3 minutes on each side.
It all turned out amazingly delicious.

And for good measure:





Here's my burgers I did last week. Yes, that's juice running out of them. And yes, they were completely done. Oh man. I dream about those burgers. So, so very delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment