21 March 2013

INTPs UNITE.

For a while now, I've been contemplating this post and how to write it.  I think my other friends who were around when I "rediscovered" MBTI (Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator) have already posted about it. And possibly even forgotten about it.

But not me. Been thinkin' about it for a while. Trying to figure out HOW to put my thoughts down. Which is why this blog is aptly named "Last Yesterday." Because by the time I have my thoughts in order, it's already happened. For a while.

I first took this test in college. They had me take it once a week, for a month, to see if my results were "right." I scored INTP all four times. That's right folks, I'm an:



Aw, yiss. I'm a lazy genius. I don't remember why this popped back into my head a couple of months ago, but I think I was bored, and tired of seeing the same 'ol crap on Pinterest, so I did an "INTP" search and BAM. My PEOPLE. They were EVERYWHERE. It was really exciting. I'm really bad at describing myself, so I'm going to let some of the pictures I've found do the dirty work.





Well. How applicable is that one? It's normally right before I go to sleep, too.

I do. not. like. math.  and if I never have to write Java script in my life again, I could die happy. We're all geniuses, just in our own way.




Yes, yes and yes. I am so independent it's ridiculous. And I'm very "original." Just ask my mother.

Being a crafter AND an INTP, this is so very, very, very accurate. I'm looking around my craft room right now, just nodding and smiling. I'm trying to get better at it. I just get...distracted.

Like now. I'm trying to finish this blog post and I'm thinking about 104583745 other things. Seriously. This is how my mind works:


No joke. Ask me what I'm thinking one day. Just ASK. Wait...maybe you shouldn't.

And lastly, I just found this today, and is one of the main reasons I'm posting this. It's so scary, it's true.

Yoinked straight from this page, I give you

How to Interact with an INTP!

  • Allow him or her time to make a decision. It could be a while, be prepared.
  • Realize that small talk is not very interesting to the INTP. However, a topic which ignites the INTP's imagination can spark a good discussion. This is why I'm bad at most social functions. I don't know how to talk to people.
  • Try not to be easily offended. Unless you have made an enemy of the INTP, chances are the comment was not meant to hurt you. I'm blunt and truthful. I don't even realize what I've done until later after I've said it.
  • Be prepared to encounter a strange sense of humor, a great curiosity, and an unusual train of thought. You don't even want to know.
  • Use logic as persuasion; the INTP is likely to ignore emotional appeals. I like logic.
  • Hear him or her out. Most INTPs don't speak up often, and may get annoyed if ignored when they do. PET PEEVE. OH GOD.
  • Know that the INTP's energy comes in bursts, so he or she may put off chores in favor of more interesting material and then accomplish the postponed work in an extraordinarily short amount of time. Today is a fine example. My house is almost sparkling clean.
  • Be aware that the INTP is highly self-critical. I seriously am my own worst enemy.
In case you haven't figured it out by now, my comments were in italics. I seriously sat there, with my mouth gaping open, after I read that. If everyone could just behave this way around me from now on, that'd be great.

And there you have it. A post about how eccentric I am. If you'd like to see more pins, check out my INTP Pinterest board, here.


*Note: None of these images are mine. I found them on Pinterest. Please don't sue me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm finding there is not as much info about ISTPs. Even the page you linked had an empty section for us, under "relationships." Ha. We apparently don't like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that is so you. I'm an INFJ and apparently we're only about 1% of the population. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how refreshing it is to discover yourself like this. I had to tell my boss that I don't think out loud and probably would never answer a question immediately. She looked at me like I had 2 heads, but it was SO great to finally be able to articulate who I am. yay pinterest!

    ReplyDelete