07 March 2013

Oh dear.

Once again, it's been a month since I've posted. February was a very interesting month for me, to say the least. I don't think I accomplished anything besides getting shin splints and allergies.

It's Windy Season here in El Paso, which means, my "seasonal asthma" is back. It's not really asthma, but it involves dust in my already weak lungs, which causes me to wheeze. I actually find it funny. But, the constant film of dirt all over everything, and not being able to see half a mile in front of you, isn't really that funny.

ANYWHO. March is National Craft Month! Which means all the crafting stores are having SALES. And I get into TROUBLE. Oh yes. I may or may not have invested in a diamond shaped quilting ruler. I squealed with glee when I saw it, and snatched it up immediately and practically sprinted to the counter (along with my three other rulers.) I slammed my coupons down and yelled "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" to....oh wait. No one was at the counter. So, I just patiently waited until someone showed up, and then I skipped out the door.

Why am I so excited? Have you EVER seen the diamond quilts? They are simply one of my favorite patterns.

I almost swoon every time I see the above quilt. It's from the Quilted Fish. I will make that quilt one day.


ARGYLE. This quilt links back to Fresh Lemons, from Pinterest, but I can't figure out to where. If it's your quilt, I'll link you properly. But, how amazing is that quilt?! Though, I do love me some Argyle socks. Om nom.


And lastly, this Arkanas Traveler block, from Freshly Pieced. A whole quilt of these, I think I would go into some sort of frenzy and just pass on into the next life.


Though, thanks to the upcoming DoD furlough/sequestration I think I will have plenty of time to finish a quilt...


6 comments:

  1. oooo you're blog has been revamped? Maybe I haven't been here in a while, sorry! I like the toast theme :)

    beautiful quilts, can't wait to see YOUR diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's been a slow going process, so don't feel too bad. I did it in February, and didn't post at all that month, so that's probably why. :) Thank you! Toast is one of my favorite things EVER.

      I've got about 4897539485 things to finish, so maybe come this summer I can start on my diamond quilt. :)

      Delete
  2. Love those quilts! Can;t wait to see what you come up with for your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to decide! I've got quilt squares to finish, and then another quilt to deal with, soooo. I've got time. ;)

      Delete
  3. Those really are amazing quilts. Maybe one day I'll do another quilt. I've only got 327 projects to finish beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously drool every time I see the first one. One day...
      LOL. I'm starting to try and go through my projects and make them. Slowly. Ever so slowly.

      Delete