15 March 2013

Running for the holidays.

Okay, that title didn't make any sense,  but this post has two subjects, and I'm not creative enough to think of a better title right now. Earlier this month, I enabled myself when I saw Jo Ann's had St. Patrick's Day and Easter fabric 40% off. Didn't help that my friend, Courtney, didn't stop me. Anywho, I decided my mother needed something useful for the holidays. So, uh, I made her potholders.


Okay, so it's not the most creative picture ever, but they were a lot of fun to make. This particular pot holder, you can stick your hand in the middle, if needed. Like to grip it? they're so easy to make, and all you need for the innards is some batting and Insul-Bright.

Tomorrow, I'm doing something I've never done before. I'll be participating in the Dirty Girl Mud Run. I'm excited and nervous all at once. The last time I actually ran, was right before high school. I ran a mile, if I remember correctly, in 11 minutes. I couldn't walk properly for three days. I haven't ran since then. It'll be interesting tomorrow, but thank goodness, it's not a competition. Hopefully, I'll have pictures to post!


1 comment: