18 May 2013

Quilt Blocks, week three!

So, yesterday was another quilt block day. I may or may not have spent four hours trying to build this masterpiece.


A HOUSE. Complete with tree and the evening star. Okay, it's probably a sun, but I'm calling it a star.  Apparently, someone's home....the light is on.

And to be fair, within those four hours, there was fabric decisions, ironing, gabbing, measuring, cutting, more gabbing, eating,  more ironing, sewing, giving fists bumps to cute little boys,  ripping, cussing, and much, much learning. I seriously don't know how Kathie tolerates me some days.

And then I came home. I tidied up a bit, and then while talking to my parents (Hi Mom.) I started cutting 2.5" x 2.5" squares for my next project. Because I am insane. And I like squares. Anywho, when I got off the phone with my parents, I decided to clean off my DVR and watch all my Jack Lemmon movies. And I wanted to sit on the couch. And I had no table. So, I improvised.


Yep. That would be me (and my white knee) using the ironing board as a table. What? It worked perfectly! And I cut out 200+ of those squares. I don't regret it one bit. This is a top secret project, so it'll be the last of it you'll see for a while...

And we've reached a milestone point in the deployment. That's right friends, oh, we're halfway there!



1 comment:

  1. Oooo, top secret projects, exciting!

    Your house is very quaint, I like it. :D

    ReplyDelete