17 June 2013

Downtown Leavenworth.

While at my two week stay at Fort Leavenworth, a very kind classmate let me borrow her car for the weekend, so I was able to explore, instead of staying cooped up in the hotel room. Which was awesome and terrible all at the same time.

You see, Charla has been to Leavenworth many, many times, and let me know there was a quilt store downtown. Along with Artistic Works by Lu. And a British Pantry. Trouble.

I wandered into Lu's first. I've heard a lot about her jewelry, so I was excited to go check it out! It's an impressive store. Customizable, unique jewelry everywhere! Along with clothes. Oh, the clothes. Sadly, Lu's jewelry isn't really my style, but I did find some of the clothing very appealing. I ended up with a very cute scarf and an even cuter skirt. Eventually, I'll have pictures.

After that, I wandered down to the quilt store. Oh dear. So much trouble.  This quilt store was pretty awesome. Gorgeous quilts EVERYWHERE. And the thing that got me in trouble the most? The kits. What a brilliant idea. It's a pre-packaged quilt ready to go! All you need is backing, batting and thread and you're good to go! And of course, I'm a sucker for things like that, so I bought two of them.


First off, is the feed sack kit. I just love the feed sack fabrics. Mostly, because it reminds me of my grandmothers. I'm not sure if I'm going to make this pattern with these fabrics. I think I might use a different one, but still, FEED SACK FABRIC.


This one is something completely different for me. I love the pattern and the fabric colors, but the patterns are completely out of my normal pickings. It's not to say I don't love them, but they're totally not me. But, that's okay. I'm trying to do different things. I mean, how do I know I won't love them all together?

I also got some patterns to help with my stash-busting. I have a cedar chest full of fabric. I need to do stuff with it.



The Riverboat pattern is absolutely gorgeous in person. I wanted to snatch the quilt out the window and run. But, I decided to make my own. And you can't go wrong with another bag pattern, or even a table runner.

And last but not least, something way completely out of my comfort zone:


Brights. I love brights in small doses, but they make my husband's head explode, so I don't use them often. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with this yet, but whatever it is, it's going to look like amazing clown barf.

After blowing a good amount of my paycheck on this store, I wandered down the street and found the British Pantry. Stocked up on some Bounty Bars and Curly Wurlys, and limped home, mostly broke.

So, to recap, Leavenworth has awesome stores downtown, and I shouldn't visit again for a long while.

Along with that, hopefully, I should have some finished quilts soon...

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Can't wait to see your goodies at Stitchers on Friday! (And thanks for letting us live vicariously through you ... and saving our own pocketbooks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo - I love the fabrics you got! The patterns look great too. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo - I love the fabrics you got! The patterns look great too. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete