31 July 2013

Goodbye, July.

Well, here we are at the end of July. I was supposed to have four quilts done by now, but let's all just laugh at the fact it didn't happen. I do have three quilt tops finished, one in progress, and a few other half done/completed projects. And I'm here to show off one today!

Our local Bernina store likes to randomly post patterns on their Facebook page. I saw this one a couple of months ago.

Photo from Lazy Girl Designs
It's the Slicker tote from Lazy Girl Designs. How cute and simple looking is that? I went all the way to Las Cruses for this pattern. Turns out, you use the Slicker fabric stuff to laminate the bag! How exciting is that? I picked up some of the slicker and some interfacing. I didn't use the Stiff Stuff like it required, and I'm glad I didn't. I liked the lining I chose. It was a bit thinner.


That one little string sticking out drives me nuts.




BAM. There is my awesome looking bag completed. It was very simple, and I completed it all in a day. I think total it took me about three hours. The only thing I didn't like about it, is you have two points at the bottom of the bag that are just "loose." I plan on tacking them down some how. Other than that, this bag is pretty fabulous and sturdy.

The outside fabric I used is from Moda. The inside was some lucky matching blue fabric I picked up from Joann's. I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I will be making this bag again. And again. And again!








4 comments:

  1. Turn the bag inside out and tack down those corners by hand. It doesn't have to look pretty since it's on the inside, so you can really sew them down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was planning on doing! I just was trying to find a stupid needle. Which is most of my problems. I'm a black hole for craft supplies.

      Delete
  2. When you make the next one (or three or five), make those corner points on the wrong side of the bag before you do the flipping. Trim them down on both the inside and outside fabrics to cut down on the bulk. :)

    ReplyDelete