28 October 2013

Stitch Fix No. 3 and No. 4

Once again, you can see how lazy I have been with blogging. I've gotten TWO StitchFixes and have said nothing about them. Which is a shame. Because they're awesome, and I can't say enough good things about them. So, I present you, StitchFix 3 & 4. September and October, respectively.

September's Fix (No. 3)

September's fix was very disappointing to me. Mostly, because almost nothing fit. But, that's my fault, and I'll get to the reason why in a bit.

First up is,
Yumi: Wilhinina Poka Dot Belted Skater Dress ($98)



 I wanted to keep this dress SO. BAD. It's polka dots! AND YELLOW I CAN WEAR. I squealed with joy when I took it out of the box, and pouted when I sent it back. Too small. :(


41Hawthorn: Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse ($58)



 This shirt and I are BFFs. No lie. It looks fantastic with a pair of blue jeans, leggings, or whatever I want to pair it with. It's a beautiful shirt and I will cry the day it doesn't fit. I kept it.

Black Swan: Olive Fit & Flare Ponte Dress ($78)






My husband really liked this dress. Which is funny, because I had just bought one almost identical to it a week before, and he won't shut up about how I should wear that one more often, either. Which, is a good thing. But, this dress was also, way too small. Returned. At least I know they know what I like.

Sugarhill Boutique: Pinky Flamingo 3/4 Sleeve Sweater ($58)

I have been drooling over this sweater for sometime, everytime I go to ModCloth. And then it sold out. And didn't come back. Until BAM. There it was in my fix! Needless to say, I kept it.





Tart: Marie 3/4 Sleeve Dress ($118)

This is the only dress I fit in. It was cute, super comfy, but looked terrible on me because of the elastic waist. Also, I don't feel it was worth $118. So, I returned it.








 StitchFix October (No. 4)

This fix was full of win. But, sadly, also lose. LET ME SHOW YOU.

Mavi: Freida Skinny Jeans ($98)



 Black skinny jeans that aren't distressed, destroyed, or terrible looking? That are also stretchy? KEEPER.

41Hawthorn: Milo Pleated Detail Skirt ($48)

I liked this skirt, I really did. It was very flowy, not too short, and it sat at my waist, which I like. But, it was a size too small. Back it went.

Ellison: Baldwin Stripe & Colorblock Henley Blouse ($58)

This shirt is pretty awesome. It's black, then black and white stripes, then Kelly Green. It sadly was too small in the bust area, so back it went.

41Hawthorn: Galway 3/4 Sleeve Button-Up Blouse ($58)

This is the first piece that StitchFix has sent me, that I questioned them on. This shirt looks like something my grandmother would have worn in the 90s. Which is fine for some of you hipsters, but I couldn't do it. If it had different buttons, which I tried to get a close up of and failed, I might have liked it better. But, this was not for me at all.

Ark n Co: Cattie Belted Dot Print Minidress ($68)

Did you hear agonizing screams last week? Yeah, that was me not fitting into this dress. I just...ugh. It's polka dotted, which this picture doesn't do justice for, and I just wanted to bash my head against the wall until I figured it out. Unless their dresses are in numerical sizes, the smalls fit more like a junior size. So, I put my dress size up to medium, and I'll see what happens next month.

They also included a black tank to wear under the two blouses, but I didn't feel right keeping it, being that I didn't keep either.

I scheduled a fix for next month, mostly because they're including a little something extra! I'm excited to see what they stick in there. Till next Fix.

As always, please consider using my sign up link if you sign up. It helps me buy things like $98 jeans for $38 instead.





2 comments:

  1. I am scheduled to get another fix November 1st! It is fun getting boxes of clothes in the mail. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. It's pretty cool how quickly they caught onto our styles, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete