04 November 2013

Craft Hope Project 23

Craft Hope, if you haven't heard of it, is a pretty cool organization. From their Facebook about section, "Craft Hope is a love inspired project designed to share handmade crafts with those less fortunate. It is our hope to combine our love for crafting and desire to help others into a project to make a difference around the world." I didn't know how to put it any better, so I just pasted it for you to see.

Well, this last project, Project 23, was about creating pillow case dresses for little girls around the world. Kristy, who introduced me to Craft Hope, put out a message on Facebook, asking who'd like to participate. I volunteered, because I now have the time (and a stash to bust), along with quite a few others in our little Blissful Stitchers group. And it was so. Turns out, I didn't have that much fabric I was willing to part with yet, but Charla's mom was sending us some vintage pillow cases to make dresses out of. So, I waited on those.

They arrived and last week, Charla and I got together and created these:

They're seriously vintage. The first four all say "Hers" on them, with fancy scalloped edges. And the last two? Well, they respectively say "me" and "you". They were my favorites. Charla had brought over some of her scrap fabrics. So, after she left, with her scrap fabrics and my scrap fabrics combined, I created these:
The whole time I was making them, I was thinking "Please forgive the tackyness, little girls! I hope you aren't too embarrassed to wear them."

Then, the whole group combined our dresses:
Between the eight (I think) of us, we created 37 dresses! I'm very impressed and pleased to be apart of such a thoughtful, crafty group.

Inspired me a bit, dare I say.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for such participation! That box was crammed full and some girls are going to be stylin'!

    ReplyDelete