25 November 2013

Last of the 100 quilty things.

Not gonna lie, I'm getting a little bored with this, but for documentation purposes, I WILL CARRY ON.
46.Visit Paducah during the AQS Show.
 47. Take a class with a nationally known teacher.
48. Use some fabric you dislike. 
Using some right now. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.
 49. Participate in Show & Tell.
Almost every Friday!
 50. Volunteer for a job in a quilt group.
Does making food or having it at my house count?
 51. Use a color you detest. 
Orange. Done and done.
52. Make a quilt inspired by nature.
I actually saw a really beautiful one the other day. I'm really mad I didn't pin it now. 
53. Get up early to quilt or stay up late to quilt. Done both!
54. Make a scrap quilt.
 55. Make a tote bag.
I'm assuming being that it doesn't include the word "quilted" I'm safe.
56. Make a postcard quilt.
57. Make a baby quilt and gift it to a newborn.
58. Understand the basics of caring for quilts.
59. Borrow a quilting book from the public library. I think this may be the easiest one on here.
60. Teach someone else to quilt.
 61. Creatively piece a backing for one of your quilts. 
 62. Apply a piped binding, or some variation of it.
 63. Post quilt pics to Facebook. I won't lie. I like the likes.
64. Install quilty wallpaper on your computer.
65. Put a quilty bumper sticker on your car.
lol. No.
66. Cuss mildly when you realize you’ve been sewing air. (because you ran out of bobbin thread)Mildly? You're funny.
 67. Read your sewing machine manual cover to cover.I actually did this when I couldn't figure out why my machine wasn't sewing right.
 68. Learn to thread baste.
 69. Learn to pin baste. Not too fond of this, but it works.
70. Use basting spray.More expensive, but I love it.
 71. Help a friend make a quilt. 
72. Make a quilt for a special child. Currently in progress.
73. Make a quilt for a spouse or partner.
 74. Make a quilt for a friend.
75. Include your quilts in your will (i.e. who gets them).
76. Determine your favorite thread for piecing.
I'm actually a fan of Connecting Thread's thread.
77. Understand the concept of value.I learned this early on.
 78. Understand the mathematics of quilt blocks.
 79. Apply a bias binding.
80. Take a guild speaker to dinner.
81. Comment on a quilt-related blog post.
 82. Make a mystery quilt.
 83. Take part in a block exchange.
 84. Write how-to instructions for making a quilt block.
 85. Watch a quilting video.
 86. Know the difference between lengthwise and crosswise grain. 
87. Know the parts of a sewing machine needle and why they matter.
88. Organize your stash.
 89. Know the names of hand sewing needles used for different tasks.
90. Finish a UFO. 
91. Purchase fabric on impulse.
 92. Try sewing with precuts. 
93. Trade fabrics with quilt friends.
94. Identify your ancestors who quilted.95. Visit a quilt shop while on vacation.
96. Sew on a treadle for old time’s sake.
 97. Subscribe to a quilting magazine.
 98. Become a regular reader of a quilting blog.
 99. Go on a Shop Hop.

...there's supposed to be 100. What did I do?! 

Okay, so I'm really bored with this now. Sorry for the interested parties. 31 for today.  But, the grand total is? 49/99. Not bad for a beginner quilter!

1 comment: