31 December 2013

Looking Back on 2013

It's that time for the end of the year wrap up! Looking back on my original post, I had created six goals for myself. Personally, I think I did a good job.

1. Become capable of walking up a flight of stairs without wheezing. 
This one was a win and a fail. I was able to accomplish this goal. I went back to physical therapy. I even went to the gym. I got stronger, and my back hurt less. But, I still wheezed. Turns out, it's because of the high altitude and my weak lungs. Yay.

2. Read more books.
I blew this out of the water with flying colors. Thanks to Goodread's book tracking, I was excited to watch my numbers grow. I checked out books by the dozen. I accomplished my goal of reading 52 books this year. And if I wanted to, I might finish one more before midnight chimes in a new year.


3. Cook better. 
This one actually turned into "eat better." While cooking less junk-stuff, I was able to create more energy and happiness for myself.

4. Create more.
Oh, but I did. I didn't get the herb garden I wanted, nor the knitted socks. But I most certainly got the quilts and other random sewing projects. No need to list them, just go back and look.

Though, I did discover that I could no longer knit or crochet. Going to try to remedy that in the upcoming year.

5. Be more organized.
Yeah, I won't even lie. This was a complete fail. I am about 10% more organized than I was at the beginning of the year. Not anywhere close to what I wanted. 

6. Survive the deployment. 
I think I did. I'm just happy it's over, and that he's home safe.


Over all, I think I get a B+ for my efforts. Looking back, what I see most out of these goals is how I've changed as a person. Some of these goals and what I passionately wrote about in January is nowhere what I want this time of year. Though, I'm sure to have some new goals for January 2014, that will look just as weird in December 2014.
  
 

2 comments: