30 December 2013

Quilty Box!

I don't remember what blog I saw this on, but I surely was fascinated. Apparently, there's a new monthly box in town. And it's geared towards Quilters. Why, it's Quilty Box! It's a box full of quilting goodies, for $38.95 a month. Yeah, yeah, it sounds a little pricey, but with what is included, I feel it's worth it. If you subscribe to them, instead of doing month-to-month, they give 5% of the money earned to Quilts for Kids. Also, if you donate a quilt to Quilts for Kids, they will give you 5% off your next box, or add that 5% to Quilts for Kids.

Moving along, they have a theme for each month, this month's was:


It was Give! Also, Save the Orphan blocks. Of course you don't have to follow along with the theme, but it's fun to have something to look forward to each month. Speaking of looking forward to things each month, let's see, WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!


As you can see, I got a nice newsletter explaining everything in the box. Along with that, is the awesome stuff. I got a book, Quilting Isn't Funny, by Megan Dougherty. It's a book about quilting antics, and not really a fiction novel. More of a collection of stories.
 I also got some Art Kloth, which I've never heard of, but it looks really awesome and exciting to use. Apparently, you can make journals out of it. The newsletter suggested making a 2014 Quilt Journal out of it, which I really like that idea.
 Along with that, I received a charm pack of Alison Glass' Sunprints. Which, I've been admiring it for a while, but never would have purchased it for myself. I won't lie, I was hoping for the Catnap charm pack from Lizzy House, but now that I have this and have seen it in person, I'm excited to have it. Mostly because...
That's right. That's Alison Glass' Feather's quilt pattern. I keep seeing it everywhere on blogs and Pinterest, and I'm excited to do it. Especially with this charm pack. Well, I think I can do it with the charm pack. Either way, it's awesome.
Last but not least, and not pictured is an awesome "Fabric Hoarder" art print from Sara Watts. You can kinda see it on the newsletter, but it's currently being flattened. I laughed when I saw it, because it's true. I am a fabric hoarder.
This month's box was worth $86.90, and worth every penny. I'm exicted to see what I can do with the box!

If you're interested in getting a Quilty Box, please consider using my referral link, here.

This review is just my opinion. I am not being paid, nor compensated for it. I just like informing people about what's out there. :)

3 comments:

  1. That is REALLY cool!!!! Looks like lots of fun stuff there too.
    I hope you had a wonderful holiday and a very blessed 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really into this whole monthly box thing, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete