03 January 2014

2014 Goals and Resolutions

Today wasn't the best of days, despite completing three projects, starting another, and acquiring the last of the fabric I needed. So, to make things better, here are my 2014 Goals and Resolutions!


1. Out with the Old, In with the New
Okay, maybe not more new stuff, but being that there's a move pending early this year, I'd really like to clean out all our unwanted or unused stuff. The less the movers have to pack, the less angry I'll be. Also, would like to have a yard sale before we go. What doesn't sell, I will just donate.

2. 12 Quilts
I'd like to see me accomplish 12 quilts this year. They can be doll quilts, wall quilts, king-sized quilts, quilted pillows, or whatever. But, 12 is my goal.

3. 52 Books
I'm putting my challenge at 52 books again. I like the idea of reading a book a week. I accomplished it in 2013, so I'm going to keep at it at 2014. I was going to attempt to read more, but with a move, and school added in the mix, 52 it is.

4. Open an Etsy Business
With the inspiration winning the Sew Mama Sew contest gave me, I'm serious about opening and Etsy Business.  I'm not sure what my goals are for it, but I'd like to make some sort of income.

5. Back to School
I've been accepted back into college! My goal is to complete as many classes as possible. My school has classes every two months, so I'd like to see at least 6 classes done. 

6. Exercise
It's so cliched to use this as a goal. But, I'm going to use it anyway. I'd like to see myself do some sort of physical activity twice a week. Be it yoga, going to the gym, walking around the block,

7. Spend Less
I can blow money like it's no problem. I am trying to learn to stick to a budget and not buy all the shiny things that catch my eye. It's hard, let me tell you. Especially with fabric.

8. Breathe
Just to take one day at a time, relax, and not stress out so much. 

5 comments:

  1. I fully support all of these goals, especially #8. I need that reminder myself sometimes!

    As for exercise, I've convinced Alex to attempt yoga with me at Milam on Wednesday. I don't know about her, but I've never done it before. That means it is sure to be at least a little bit entertaining. You should join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all very practical goals! YOU CAN DO IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do all of these! I think they are all attainable.
    I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete