02 January 2014

Happy 2014! Time for New Adventures and...I Won?!

Well, here it is folks, a new year and a new you, right? That's what they say, so it must be true, right? I'm going with it. Mostly, because I got some of the most incredible news yesterday morning when I woke up.
I won.
Won what? Why, the Sew Mama Sew Sew Sweetness bag contest! I'm pretty sure I was in shock for the first hour of the day. I won. Out of 61, then 15 bags. I never win anything. But I won. I won?! But the other bags were awesome, too! I WON. WHAT.

It's really hard not to write WINNER across this.

I was in denial about it for about 15 minutes, and then it sunk it. I'm seriously in shock, but honestly, it's what I needed. Inspiration, some say. A kick in the ass, is what my dad would say. I told you, is what my husband said. He's mostly to blame for this but, here it is:

I'm going to start my own etsy business.
I don't know how well it'll go. I'm hoping this might actually keep my attention. Though, so far, I have four people wanting bags. That's a good start, right? I mean, I'm like my dad. I don't like working for other people. So, inspired by my father, my husband, and my win (that's y'all!) I'm going to start my own business venture. I'm scared and excited all at once.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. It's an honor to have created something that people think is awesome.

Now, wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! The bag is gorgeous, so I'm not surprised. I think an Etsy shop is brilliant. (It's nice that it's portable, too.) Now the big question: what will you name said Etsy shop???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I tried my bestest. I'm thinking Last Yesterday Designs. ;)

      Delete
  2. Congrats! That is awesome!! You should be very proud.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still in shock three days later, hahaha. :)

      Delete