10 April 2014

Mini-Hexagon Needlebook!

HI GUYS. I've made something I can show to the public! (For now) I was wandering around Columbus, trying to familiarize myself with the area, when I accidentally stumbled into a bookstore. ("accidentally") I found a new quilting magazine from the UK called Love Patchwork & Quilting. It was full of bright, shiny, wonderful colors, and I was hooked. Not to mention, it came with a little kit! It was for English paper piecing. I've always wanted to try it, so I figured awesome magazine + kit, why not? So, today, I made it, in only three hours. I'm pleased with it, but I've decided I really, really don't like hand stitching. Take a look!

Here's the front, with all of my hard work on display. (okay, not all) These little babies weren't too hard to make, as I originally guessed.

Here's the inside, which I need to trim the edges with pinking shears...whenever I can find them.

And of course the back, with a little extra hexi and I added the date. No, really. Hand stitching isn't my thing.

I thought the little needle book was cute, and while not perfect, it was the perfect amount of English paper pieceing as a trial. Also made me realize, it's not really for me, so I shall cherish this in memory. Though, the quilt patterns in the magazine, on the other hand, is more my speed.

Hopefully, I'll have more stuff up soon. Or at least something interesting, soon.


4 comments:

  1. It turned out super cute, but I still don't think I ever need to try English paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I especially like the hexagon on the back. It makes me think of a bunny's tail, in a good way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This is pretty and useful.

    ReplyDelete