30 April 2014

Small Projects.

I get bored easily. I could be doing something that is my most favorite thing in the world, and I'll suddenly get bored with it. I'm not a fan of repetitive tasks. So, I find to keep my mind on larger projects I'm working on, I slip in a smaller project. Just enough to distract me for a few days, so I'll want to get back to what I was doing. Most of the time, it works.


And here's my latest "small" project.

Someday I'll take better pictures.

I bought this in a kit, from a quilting store that was going out of business. For 75% off, you can't go wrong. Plus, I wanted to try my hand at embroidery. It was perfect for my needs.  I was a little disappointed in the kit. It listed the things it was supposed to have in it, and had two out of six items it was supposed to have. One, the wrong type of fabric, and two, the little patchwork square. That's it. I don't think it's the kit maker's fault. I think the store did it. Anywho. I enjoyed making this, and it took me two evenings of sitting on the couch. If it hadn't hurt my wrists, I could have done it all in one night! I found the perfect frame for it on Zulily this week, so I'm just waiting for it to come in!

(And if you're wondering, yes, this did inspire me to work more on my big, mystery project.)

2 comments: