08 May 2014

Quilt Shop Hop: Day Two

Day two started out around 10:00. We started at Sew Much Fun in Columbus, GA, aka my home store. It was slammed full when we arrived. They also have, much to my delight, long arm services here, too.


I got from there two Oliver + S patterns on sale for $2 each (!!!!) That was exciting. Also, this beautiful blue fat quarter bundle. I love blue and white together. So I snatched it up. I also got this super cute fat quarter with multi-colored polka dots. And see the silver stuff? I was so excited to find this. It's the thermal stuff you use to put on ironing boards! Which means I can finally make my portable ironing board. And of course, the two kits for the stars.

Right after this, we made a pit stop for lunch at Chicken Salad Chick. If you're ever in the Columbus area and like Chicken salad I recommend it! 

Then, we scooted up the road to Ellerslie, GA to Sunday Best Quiltworks. It looks like nothing on the outside, but once you step in? BAM. A store full of amazing! This is where I got in the most trouble.


I got two amazing quilt kits, that are amazing, that scrumptious paisley fabric, some 1990s confetti dot fabric, and some cute little floral. Along with that, some random fat quarters, and the little scroll is the star kit. This store was pretty awesome, and so close, to boot!

For our last and final stop, we went to Southern Stitches in Thomaston, GA. It had a vintage Mini out front, so I knew the people who ran it were going to be awesome. It was stuffed to the brim, too, so when I originally walked through, I didn't see anything I needed. And then it cleared out. And I found the good stuff.


I got one of the most awesome puzzles ever. (I like puzzles, did you know that?) AND an awesome Lone Star note card set! (I like stationary, too.) Now, you see the Lone Star behind the note cards? It's like a cheater way to make the most perfect Lone Star quilt, EVER. In the kit, is the more lap sized Lone Star pattern, and underneath the note cards is a smaller kit for one more of a wall hanging size. Can you see the name? Quiltsmart? Google it. You won't regret it. The white fabric in front of the puzzle is one of those samplers that you learn to quilt on. I've been looking for one for a while, so it was a worth purchase. And of course, the two star kits.

And that was it. DONE, SON. And with the conclusion of the Middle Georgia Quilt Shop Hop, I am banned from buying fabric in the year 2014. Let's see if I can hold my promise to be true.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing purchases! I can't wait to see what you new projects you get done in the second half of 2014 .... because you'll have all that extra time left without fabric shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually currently using some stashed fabric. Feels good. I'm holding my promise, unless it's for a client. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love your purchases. I lived in Columbus for several years when I was young and some family are still there. Last week I was visiting my aunt and I had lunch at the Chicken Salad Chick - it was soooo good. I picked up a Gigi's cupcake next door when we left.

    ReplyDelete