26 May 2014

The "Weekend Quilt."

Back in March, I went to the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Duluth, GA. Remember? Well, I finally busted into one of the kits I bought, The Stars and Strips one from Primitive Gatherings.

The pattern is Stars and Strips by Valerie Krueger for Hearts to Holly. It says in the instructions that this quilt "can be made in a weekend." Uh. Maybe I'm just slow, but I'm on day four of this quilt. And I'm maybe 40% done? I suppose if I was a more experienced quilter, I could do it in a weekend.

Anywho, I'm sharing the progress!


This is where I started. After cutting twelve fat quarters into 25 pieces, I matched up the stars with the border of the stars. That took Thursday and Friday.


Saturday and Sunday was putting these suckers together. I was unfortunately doing other things (yay chores.) but, I got them all done. Each star took me 20 minutes to make.

Today, I was able to get the placements of all the strips.


That took forever. After switching about a million pieces, I think I finally have it perfect. (If it's not, shhhh.) Hopefully, I can have this done by the end of the week. Then, the two, possibly three borders. It comes with two, but I'm thinking about adding another one.

Working on two other quilts, also. Hopefully, I'll be finished with them soon, too!

1 comment:

  1. This is looking great! I can't wait to see it all finished. I don't buy into those "weekend projects" - I have never completed one in the time they say.
    I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete