13 June 2014

Books.

I love books, have I ever mentioned that? Probably? Okay.


I over did it on the "nom-fiction" this time, but you can't go wrong with some well written non-fiction.

A few people were appalled that I've never read any Bill Bryson ("he's right up your alley!") So, after enjoying Wild by Cheryl Strayed, I figured why not?
I picked up The Handmaid's Tale because a friend read it and wanted to discuss it. I really enjoyed it when I read it the first time, so I figured, one good turn deserves another.
Serving Victoria was suggested to me from Goodreads, because I read Empty Mansions. Okay, Goodreads. I'll bite. The two investment/retirement books are there, because I'm interested in investing. Don't know how to do it, so why not learn?
Sophie's World was on one of those BuzzFeed lists of Books I Should Read Because of Some Relative Reason.
And I picked up Breakable You, because I saw a quote from it on pinterest, and I liked it. So, maybe the book is good.

Yeah. That quote. Thanks, internet!

I also picked up Practical Magic this afternoon from the other library, because I'm awesome and have TWO library cards.

I've currently read 43 of my 52 book goal this year, but I feel like I'm cheating, because there's craft and cookbooks I've reviewed for NetGalley in there. So, maybe, I'll fulfill it with other books.

...I love books.

1 comment:

  1. I channeled my inner Amber and got a big stack of books from the library today! (I also got all caught up on the gossip while I was there, too!)

    You're so smart to think about retirement now. Figure it out, set it all up, and then you can just cruise to retirement instead of scrambling when you get older. One of my goals for the year is to get my retirement squared away.

    ReplyDelete