01 June 2014

The "Weekend Quilt" part two!

I worked my ass off to finish this quilt in a week. It took me 18 hours total (first quilt I timed!) so, feasibly? Yes. Yes you could make this quilt in a weekend. I'm just slow, and can't stand for long periods of time (looking at you, cutting table) so therefore, it took me a week. But here it is, in all its finished glory:


Awww yisss. Right after I took this picture, and was relieved that I was done, my dear, sweet, loving husband goes, "Is that one supposed to be turned that way?" I slowly turned to my quilt, and my heart sank. My now ALMOST perfect quilt has a block turned the wrong way.

But, what I've learned that, is if it's perfect, I didn't make it.

*sigh*

Now to wait on the backing to arrive so I can take it to the quilter!

3 comments:

  1. It looks AMAZING! Did you know that olde time quilters used to put squares in backwards ON PURPOSE? So, just own it, call it a design element, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is GORGEOUS!! I love the color combo and the stars.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even noticed the "messed up" square until you pointed it out. Besides, if you're snuggling up under it, it really doesn't matter if one block is backwards, right?

    ReplyDelete